Direct connection of beef to eaters, people to land is the heart of our work.
Our herd is 100% grass fed and grass finished. Our only supplements are organic alfalfa, mineral salt licks, and kelp meal when they’re really lucky. No grain, no hormone boosters, no nonsense.
- Make a deposit for your quarter, half or whole with us.
- We confirm harvest date and processor for cut and wrap. Lead times vary.
- We handle the harvest of the animal and getting it to the butcher.
- Quarters come with a standard array of roughly one third steaks, one third roasts, and one third ground. Bones and offal are optional and highly recommended.
- Payment by check, credit card, or bank transfer confirms your spot on the list.
- Take it home from the butcher’s in Santa Rosa and enjoy!
Flat Rate Pricing for 2024
Quarter: $950, plus butcher fees
Half/Side: $1650, plus butcher fees
Whole: $3250, plus butcher fees
We aim for a finish weight of 500 lbs hanging on a whole beef, which means you would take home about 325 lbs of deliciousness. Quarters finish at 85-110 lbs cut, all in. Buying direct is a great deal for you as a healthy eater, and for us, because we can focus our work on the land and the herd.
You can share it with friends or family, or stock your chest freezer. 3.5 cubic feet holds a quarter and more. 5 cubic feet holds a half or more. A whole generally requires a 7 cubic foot freezer.
We harvest seasonally, to ensure premium flavor and tenderness. Beef cost and processor fees are payable to Freestone Ranch, by check or credit card. Butcher fee is payable directly to the butcher when you pick up your beef.
Local Processing & Butcher Shops
We harvest locally, either on farm or at JMF Meats in Petaluma. We work with two local butcher shops, who cut, package, and freeze the beef. When you pick up your beef, you’ll take home boxes filled with individual cuts in packages of one or two, labeled, dated, and frozen at professionally low temperatures to stay solid on your drive home.
- Willowside Meats, Santa Rosa – On Farm harvest, paper wrap: $1.40/lb
- Lepe’s Meat Co, Santa Rosa – Vacuum seal, $1.40/lb
We can try to accommodate a preference for a butcher, but we are limited in our ability to schedule with each butcher. We do our best, and they do too.
Quarters come with a standard array of cuts. Halves/sides and whole animals offer more flexibility on cut and wrap. At order, we will confirm which butcher is set for which harvest, and you can talk to them directly with questions on cut and wrap.
Any other questions, by all means let us know!