All 2019 quarters sold out. Join our Mailing List to preorder in January for the 2020 season – May through October – or buy a box of stock on hand.
A half beef, also called a side, cut and processed to your instructions. Custom cut yum! Frozen, for pickup in Santa Rosa, CA.
Learn more about custom quarters, half and whole animals.
- Beef cost is $4.25/lb, flat rate across all cuts. Amazing deal!
- Harvest fee of $120 to Marin Sun Farms; Butcher fee of $1.10/lb plus $50 split fee
- Hanging weight ranges from 240-320 lbs
- Roughly $1105 for the beef plus $312 to the butcher
- $200 deposit confirms your spot on the list
- Half of an animal, one side
- You have more choices in how the beef is cut
- Frozen, wrapped, labeled and dated clearly
- Would be seven to eight Bankers’ Boxes packed full, but bigger boxes are generally used
- Includes bones and organ meats
- Seasonal harvest for optimal flavor and land care
With a 260 lb hanging weight, a half beef costs approximately $1561 including the butcher cost and yields approximately:
- 35 lbs of steaks
- 68 lbs of ground beef
- 65 lbs of roasts and braising cuts
- 35 lbs of bones
- 12 lbs of organ meats
So much Yum generally requires a 5 cubic foot freezer. A new 5 cu ft chest freezer costs around $150.
Reserve yours today!